IT Security Bulletin RSS Feed

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Projects get backburnered all the time

Hey everybody. Well as per usual, my wiki project got pushed to the back burner. I was having difficult time getting the wiki setup properly, so I tried some other packages and they too, were difficult to get working. Then my VP came in a told me he needed a new PC. So that is what I am taking up today.

I got the PC in late last week and started getting the OS setup for him. Now I am running the Transfer & Setting wiz to move his stuff to the new PC. I seems to be working well. We will see what happens after it is done.

TIP FOR THE DAY

One thing that this week has emphasized to me is the importance of, a computer bench that you can set up multiple PCs on. Mine is about 8 ft long and has a powerstrip from multiple cords and a switch so I can have network access for all the machines ont he bench. I have a couple of monitors. I really need to find a KVM switch that works for the bench. I can find one that works, but most of them are difficult to mess with and I find that I can just plug and unplug stuff faster. KVMs my be nice and neat for my server rack, but for the fast-moving world of my work bench, it just gets in the way.

I hope to get back to the wiki soon, but I am testing out some new builds of our software on Vista so, we will see.

No comments: